Hundreds of books have been written about blackjack and how to win at blackjack. Blackjack originated in 18th century France and is now spreading to Atlantic City and Las Vegas, Blackjack continues to be one of the most popular casino games. Blackjack is also popular due to the fact that the theory of probability may favor the player over the bank, a fact that is made known to the general gambling public.
We understand that blackjack is a great game and it’s impossible to tell you about it in 10 sentences. A lot of it has to be learned for yourself. Nevertheless, our team of professional blackjack players has formulated the 10 most important tips to help you become a professional player.
- Don’t hesitate to play blackjack at online casinos until you’ve mastered all the ins and outs of the game. All online casinos give you the opportunity to play in practice mode. Use this right without the risk of losing your hard-earned money nerves ad became bankrupt.
- Play blackjack with a blackjack strategy table in front of you. Rely on it and act on its hints, not on pure luck.
- Determine in advance your budget for the game and stick to it so you don’t end up in debt. Otherwise, it can become an economical problem.
- Play at a table where the minimum bet is 5% of your playing budget.
- Take a card if your hand total is less than 17 when the dealer has an 8, 9, 10-point card. Stop if your hand total is over 11 points when the dealer has a 4, 5, 6. The dealer is forced to take a card and at 40% he will be outbid.
- Never make an insurance bet unless you are involved in card counting professionally. Because only by counting cards can you determine the chance of winning an insurance bet.
- Doubling is a powerful player advantage. We recommend doubling your hand with a 10-point card if the dealer has 9 points or less. In some versions of blackjack, doubling 9 is not allowed, and many also restrict doubling if you have a soft hand against a 4, 5, or 6 from the dealer.
- When you get two cards of the same value as a hand, you can split them in half, doubling your original bet. Don’t split 10s and 5s. Always split 7s and 8s when the dealer has a card of the same value or lower.Split 2s and 3s when the dealer has a 4, 5 or 6 and always split aces.
- Raise stakes during a successful game and minimize on a losing streak.
- Give preference to playing blackjack with a live dealer and in land-based casinos. In a game with a live dealer you are in control every round of the game and do not depend on the random number generator.